|25 Ways to Stay Inspired - 02/22/10 07:21 PM|
When photographers are uninspired their business suffer. It's work, and its no fun. I wrote a blog post on How to Get Inspired and Stay Inspired with your Photography on our wedding photographer colorado blog.
Here is just 5 if you want to read the rest check out our blog.
1. Take the next photo- I watched a documentary about Sally Mann about a year ago and I don't have the exact quote but she talked about taking that next picture to getting over being burned out. She talked about with every great picture you take it almost seems impossible to take the next one. It almost seems impossible to get something better. Her suggestion was to just take the next photo even if its not a masterpiece.
2. Watch a Movie- Cinematographers use light as well. Look at their compositions and lighting. Some of the best and brightest are in Hollywood.
3. Go to the City- Head into the nearest City. Take pictures of lines, and structure and texture.
4. Go to the Zoo- Get some pictures of the animals. Look at natures patterns and textures. It can be difficult to get a great shot at the Zoo because of the enclosures. Thinking outside the box will be rewarded.
5. Go to the Race Track- Whether its dirt bikes or nascar. Take your camera. Maybe rent a longer lens. Practice shooting something fast. If you have never tried panning this could be a great time.
Posted by: andrew wood - littleton, CO
TIME POSTED: 02/22/10 07:21 PM [Central Time]